The fall salmon season is now closed from the Tongue Point/Rocky Point line up to the Highway 395 bridge near Pasco. The closure remains in effect through Oct. 31 downstream of Bonneville Dam and through Dec. 31 upstream of Bonneville Dam.
Anglers may still fish for hatchery coho from Buoy 10 to the Tongue Point/ Rocky Point line.
White sturgeon retention is closed from Buoy 10 at the mouth of the Columbia upstream to McNary Dam but remains an option for catch-and-release fishing.
White sturgeon retention will be open Saturday from the Wauna Powerlines upstream to Bonneville Dam.
Trout fishing is good in high elevation lakes.
Columbia River Mainstem
Columbia River Tributaries
- Rocky Point/Tongue Point upstream to Bonneville Dam -- Closed to angling for and retention of salmon and steelhead through Oct. 31.
- Bonneville Dam upstream to Hwy 395 Bridge in Pasco -- Closed to angling for and retention of salmon and steelhead.
- Bonneville Dam to Cathlamet -- 259 boat anglers kept 21 coho, while releasing 32. They released good numbers of chinook.
Anglers are reminded that many tributaries of the Columbia have special regulations in place. Always check the regulations before fishing any water.
. . .
- Cowlitz River -- I-5 Bridge downstream: 27 bank rods kept one coho and one coho jack. 32 boats/72 rods kept 11 coho, three coho jacks and released 62 chinook, 53 chinook jacks, 15 coho and eight coho jacks. Above the I-5 Bridge: Eight bank rods released three chinook and two chinook jacks.
- Lewis River -- 36 bank anglers kept seven coho and released three chinook and two coho. Six boats/18 rods released one coho jack.
- Wind River -- Two boats/six rods kept five chinook, one coho and released two chinook and 3 coho.
- Drano Lake -- 17 bank anglers kept one coho and released one coho jack and one steelhead. Twenty boats/45 rods kept 18 chinook, one chinook jack and released one chinook.
- Klickitat below Fisher Hill Bridge -- 32 bank anglers kept five chinook and two chinook jacks.
- Klickitat above No. 5 Fishway -- 3 bank anglers had no catch.
Fishing Report, September 26
The Columbian, September 26, 2019
See what you can learn
learn more on topics covered in the film
see the video
read the script
learn the songs